College Life: Ni hao ma? Wo hen hao. Xie xie.

18:34

As I have been a college student for about two weeks, plus one month of matriculation, I think it's good to tell about my experience with Chinese (real Chinese, noted here) friends.

In my class, Management 4, there are 10 foreign students. Two from Vietnam, the rest are from China. I can't remember all their names properly because it's so hard (or because I'm not used to??). But it's different if they have their English name. Like my friend Wu Jia Qi, his English name is Bruce. Or my Vietnamese friends, their English name are Julie and Hana. That way is easier for me to remember their name. LOL.

I can't say Chinese people are good in English. Probably it's because they all used to speak Mandarin every single time. But they're good at Mathematics. I must say. Eventhough the materials are written in English, they still can understand if it's about Mathematics. Natural talent, huh? No, no, really no offense. Instead, I think it's really excellent.

In my class, I always sit beside my friend, Liu Jie Feng. I can remember his name because we always sit side by side, together with my dorm's friend, Monica. Jie Feng is a unique people. Unlike other Chinese, he'd like to sit with local people, rather than with Chinese friends. I asked him why, and he said that he wanted to improve his English. If he sits beside Chinese friends, his English skills will not increase.

Learning with Chinese in class is actually fun. I still don't understand with Indonesian students here in which they don't like to work with Chinese. They always choose no Chinese in group work. I mean, come on laa, what will you feel if they do the same things to you, if one day you come to China? Or you work at Chinese company?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Enter your comment here.