College Life: So Far So Good

19:26

  

Good evening. This Saturday's night is a "so so". My high school friends asked me to hang out together. I don't think it's a good choice to hang out now. I'd rather stay home than going outside and trapped in Jakarta's traffic. 

FYI, I just finished my college orientation about two days ago. Passed throughout many things and moments. I kind of missing my orientation. All my salutes went to event's organizers and the student orientation's committee for making such a memorable event. 

Sooo... after six days of orientation, my official college life starts then! I was really curious long before. How does it feel like to be a college student? And yeah, my first college's day was fun. In my class, Management 4, there are about 30 students in which there are 10 foreign students. Eight people from China, one from Vietnam, and one from South Korea. Amazing huh? To have such friends with many different cultures and ethnics. That funny moment when I introduced myself to Chinese guys, they call me "Cindya" instead of "Cynthia." LOL. It's okay, laa. I couldn't spell their name properly too. 

And it's really fun that I can speak and chat with my foreign friends. For me who usually uses Indonesian, it's a new thing for me to speak English with my friends. Trust me, having foreigner friends is fun! One of my Chinese friends wrote a Chinese name for me, but I can't remember it as it was like so hard to remember.

On the second day of college life, awkward moment happened. So, yesterday, I woke up at six in the morning, as usual, did my prayer and a little stretching. I didn't know that I have class at 7.30 AM, until I went to my classmate's dorm beside my dorm. I knocked at her door and yelled "Monic! Monic!" (her name was Monica). Then, a friend of mine who also lives in that dorm popped out and said "Monic has gone since 7.00 AM! Don't you have class this morning?" 

On my mind, I'm like "OMG, WTF did I do?!" 
 
In a second, I rushed into my dorm, changed my clothes and put my note to my bag. I ran to the college as fast as I can. Class started at 7.30 AM, and it was almost 8.15 AM! That ridiculous moment was while I was running like a crazy peeps, I forgot which room that I had to go. So clumsy. I texted my Vietnam friend. But she didn't reply. So then I texted my dorm's friend who knows a Chinese in my classroom. But it's the same. She didn't reply. Oh God, kill me. 
 
I almost gave up and intended to go back to my dormitory, but my mind said 

"Helloooo gurl, it's been only two days! And you already absent?!" 

I changed my mind then. I went to academic's staff and asked whether they have schedule for Management 4's class or not. Luckily they had one, the one and the only copy. I rushed into the room listed on schedule. And yeah, when I went to that room, all of my friends stared at me. Probably asked on their mind "How dare she comes this late." 

Butt again, a quote, very common quote in Indonesian's people, popped up in my mind. 

"Better late than not coming at all, no?"


Yeahhh... okay, the rest of this story I don't have to tell you. Lucky me the teacher wasn't really angry and just warned me if I came late again next time, he would mark me as absent. God, thank you.

Alright. So that's all. I don't think college is annoying. College life is so far so good until now. I hope that it will be good all the time. Amen.

How about your college life, freshmen?? ;)











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Enter your comment here.