That feeling when you are a minority

21:59

I never really thought of anything religion-related when I talked or played with my friends during my childhood time. Never ever once judged them by the religion or belief they had. Well, probably because most of my childhood friends had the same beliefs as I am since I went to a Catholic school until secondary high. I would just casually talk to my Moslem, Hindu, and Buddhist friends. No hard feeling or any negative thinking.

But the whole thing started to change when I entered senior high school. I started to realize that I was just a minority. That was the truth. There were many times I felt unfair treatment from my friends and teachers, but I could not do anything about it. I used to hate them, but as time goes by I just let it become my past experience and nothing more.

And recently this country started to "fight" with each other, especially on social media. I just could not bear how come people are religious but hate each other? I'm not on a specific side, no side is better if you pointed your finger at each other and blame the government and worse, making questionable rumors. I am truly disappointed at how this country has become. Religion, which should be a matter between you and God only, becomes a matter that everyone thinks they are the most expert at. 

"Killing kafir is halal"

"Raping women who support kafir is halal."

Oh my God. This just makes my blood boil to the highest degree it can probably reach. 

What a sad truth. Some people think we, the minority, are from the whole different planet when the truth we share the same nationality and same language.

Well, no, I won't hate those kind of people. I will just pray that this nation will not turn into a chaotic country like Syria did. Jeez, just the thought of it sends the shiver down my spine. I still have high hopes for Indonesia and I will try my best to contribute to this country's growth.

Well, at least wait till I can also help grow my mother's hometown to become a prosperous city :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Enter your comment here.